Friday, December 6, 2013

And I Thought Yesterday Was Bad...

 Here we are… RIGHT IN FRONT of what we call "The Pants".  Literally, right in front and you can barely see them.  Our index was 489 today - this is the worst ever I've experienced.   I just heard from a friend that PuDong Airport is closed because Shanghai is off the chart over 500 for particle count.   I don't even know how to explain how smoggy it is and what it's like to experience.


On a fun side note - I put on a 3M mask that my Auntie Lori left for me and went to a jewelry making class!  It was good to get out of the apartment as I've been avoiding leaving much this week due to the weather but was starting to feel cooped up.
I've never really been creative and made things before so today I got to make 3 pairs of earrings!  It was  good fun and I have some fun new earrings to wear besides!

Here are 2 of my creations:

Finally, the craziest thing I did today was ride the bus home!!!   A lady I know named Marianne was at the jewelry making class and as we were leaving she asked if I was going back home (she lives in the same compound), I replied with… Yes, would you like to share a taxi?…. she replied with…. Taxi, lets take the bus!   She apparently takes the bus all over, all the time so I figured why not ride with an expert!  And I did and it was uneventful and I got home just as fast as a taxi because the buses here move just as fast and barely stop at the stops!
What a day.    Now to rest my lungs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment