Thursday, December 12, 2013

One Last Dig

Alright friends and family… as I type this in less than 14 hours from now Bill and I will be on our way to the airport to fly home for Christmas and New Years and ONE ENTIRE MONTH of clean air, fresh food, real untainted wine, our dog Brewer and most importantly family and friends!

As I write what will be my last post from China for 2013 I think it's only appropriate to recap the past year of food scandals that we've been through:

http://www.fieldschina.com/index.php?utm_campaign=12%20December%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_content=scandals%20read%20more&route=content/story/info&story_id=1200&lang=en

And remember - these are only the BIG food scandals of 2013 - all the little ones that happen daily just don't make world news.  Makes you really want to come visit us in 2014 right!?!?!
It's pretty scary that in 1 year there have been 12 major food scandals, which is something I never ever worried about in the US or England.  It's scandals, corruption and other odd cultural differences like this that we experience and have lived everyday for the past 9 months that make me long for "home" and I am so thankful we are going to be able to spend the holidays with those we love in a place familiar to us.

I hope everyone that reads these crazy stories that I call a blog has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.   I'll be back to China in the middle of January and my tales of everyday shock will resume then.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment