Monday, March 31, 2014

Consequences

When you don't pay your bills there are consequences.

Currently, we are in the midst of dealing with some consequences that are not our fault.  I am at Starbucks typing up this post because my cell phone, the internet and the TV in our apartment aren't working.  I'm guess that the electricity and the water will probably be the next things to go!  HA  Fingers crossed that doesn't happen.  We've got this great benefit of living here in China that the bills were negotiated to be included in our rent which is fantastic, however, when the rent doesn't get paid, the bills get turned off.  After a year of living here it's finally been brought to our attention that the rent isn't being paid on time and we have a new landlord as of January and well she's not about waiting so she just cancels the services.  Our gym membership wasn't paid so Bill gets nasty looks and told he can't be there when he goes.  Anyway, there's this crazy process here, our landlord must generate an invoice and she gives that to our agent, who then gives that to Charter's accounting in China and then Charter in China asks for the money from Charter in the US.  Whew, did you follow that… so it's a long slow drawn out process and it's been taking a long time to pay.  So this new landlord lady is angry with the timing.  You'd think there would be a better system, or that the landlord would request and generate the invoice ahead of time.  I don't get it, all I know is I am not a fan of not having a cell phone or the internet!


Although, when you don't have tv, internet or a cell phone there is always T25!  We took a trip to the fake market in Shanghai this weekend and we came home with T25 and P90X3.  Bill already has P90X 1 and he wanted a new workout so he went for 3, I decided that 25 minutes of working out is good and I heard from a friend that T25 was pretty good.   Every workout is only 25 minutes long, I figured it'd be perfect for my attention span, except for the fact that these are HARD!!!  The first 25 minutes of the cardio dvd this morning kicked my butt!!!  I'm pretty sure I'll sleep good tonight. 

The good news is that I'm home now and it's 2pm on Monday and the internet is working again! HOORAY!  I'm pretty sure Bill made a few unhappy phone calls this morning and got things taken care of! 

No comments:

Post a Comment