Thursday, June 6, 2013

Something Sweet

I must have some sweet Western blood in me because the mosquitos here just seem to latch onto me.  Yesterday afternoon (4pm) I went for a run outside (Yes, I know it was a mad idea to think about that in the heat, with the air quality, etc., etc., I thought of every excuse but went anyway) and well 3.5 miles later I came home with arms, fingers and legs full of bites!!!
 Yep, even managed to get bit on my knuckle!?!?!?!  That one hurts the most.
 And the other elbow.
I'm a Wisconsin girl and I've spent plenty of summers in the U.P. which in turn means I have had tons of mosquito bites, and never, ever, have I had a reaction that I can remember like I have had here in China.  I certainly didn't think that in the middle of the afternoon especially while running there would be mosquitos chasing me.

Today's adventure involved picking up bug spray!   I went with the Raid since I know the Johnson's brand vs the off shoot Chinese brand.  We'll see if this helps at all with future bites.   

I also decided that since I was out I should pick up something sweet and actually try baking in my oven today.   BROWNIES!   So far they look like have turned out, I'm just not sure how they taste yet!





No comments:

Post a Comment