Thursday, May 23, 2013

Celery from the US, can it really be?

Today when I was at Metro grocery shopping I grabbed a stalk of celery threw it in my cart and kept on shopping.  When I got home and started to clean it off I realized that the packaging says it's from California!!!   I did a little dance in the kitchen because I was so excited and happy.


Typically when we buy veggies and plan to eat them raw I always cringe, with all the food scandals and all the articles I keep reading about the cadmium levels in the soil, the lead in the soil, this that and the other pollutant in the soil I often wonder what we are putting in our bodies and if there will be any after effects.   Today, however we can rest easy and have ants on a log (celery and peanut butter with raisins) with the hopes that we aren't going to be glowing in a few days!


By golly gosh...  did I get lucky with that purchase today!  It's the little things that make each day doable here.

No comments:

Post a Comment