Monday, May 27, 2013

Dogs are much easier to care for than plants!

Yep, I managed to kill a plant in 3 days!
I just can't seem to keep plants alive or grow anything for that matter.  I was seriously considering purchasing some nice plants for our apartment, mainly because a few friends of mine have sent me articles on certain plants that "clean" the air in your house.  Mother-in-law tongues and lilies are both known to help clean the air indoors if you live in polluted cities.  And that we do!  I thought I'd buy some of each of them instead of an air filter but at the rate I'm going with live plants I'm better off buying the expensive air filter!

I'm sorry to report that we didn't do much this weekend so I don't have much in the way of new crazy China stories to report.  We saw 1 crazy thing on our walk around the lake on Saturday... A TURTLE ON A STRING NEXT TO THE ROAD!   Bill and I both did double takes and unfortunately neither one of us had our phones to get a picture.  Later that evening we went to dinner with some friends and they told us that normally there is a man selling the turtle.  Poor turtle, I wanted to let him go but he was dangling over the road so Bill advised me that I should leave him be.  Plus we didn't know if he was a snapper or not.   Next time I'll get a picture and try to set him free!!!

Here's a picture of the Saturday night jello shots my friend Gini made before our dinner at Paulaner with other expats:

Happy Memorial Day to all our friends and family!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment