Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Down to One Mirror

I guess you could say I'm lucky to have 1, however I'm still quite bummed out that today one of the mirrors broke off my ebike.
I was at a stop light and grabbed the mirror part to adjust it a little bit and well the entire thing ended up in my hand!
Having 1 is more than what most Chinese have on their ebikes but I actually used my mirrors and driving to the meeting I was on my way too and to lunch was not very pleasant with only one mirror.   The good news is we have DUCT TAPE in our shipment which arrived yesterday and I'm pretty sure there's some super glue as well.  I see an ebike improvement project in my future!
I then return home from lunch to find NOT 1, BUT 2 other ebikes parked in my parking spot!!!!  This happens EVERY SINGLE TIME I LEAVE.    I don't understand why the Chinese think it's okay to park in other peoples spots.  When we got the ebike we went to the office and purchased a parking spot with an electrical outlet.  We are number 26....  when I leave I lock my outlet shut because it's mine, I pay for the power for me, not for everyone else.  It baffles me why people think it's okay to just park in other peoples spots and to use their chargers!   My friend Gini's bike is the white one against the wall, it's happened twice now that I've noticed her bike is unplugged and her charger is plugged into another bike... I know she doesn't allow people to do that so I always plug her back in!   Sorry for the rant, it's just annoying and while I started on the ebike topic I figured I had to share the way people think it's okay to park anywhere they darn well please.  Notice the 4 chargers on the wall below - how is it acceptable to fit 6 bikes in 4 spaces?!?!?!  Only in China!

No comments:

Post a Comment