Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Joys of Unpacking!

FINALLY, after 3 LONG months of being in China and 6 months total of battling paperwork and Visa's we've actually received our air shipment.  It was a day/moment that I wasn't actually quite sure was ever going to happen at the rate we were going... but it did!  
I don't think I've ever been so happy and so sad in one day.  
See it's a catch 22 here, I'm so happy we have our "stuff" which will make our lives much more comfortable here, however, the unpacking makes me so very homesick for England and the US.  It's the reality that we actually are in China and going to live here for real that has just "hit" me.   Oh and of course the first thing I pulled out of a box was this picture of Brewer.  That made me cry... yes I've become a crazy dog lady and I miss him more than anything!
Although unpacking hasn't been all bad.  I've been finding some really crazy things in the boxes and I have to ask myself at least 3 times a day....  "How in the world did that get in the China Air Shipment"???
Orange sweat bands anyone?   These will definitely come in handy in August when it's BLAZING hot! 

Wine out of a real wine glass?   YES PLEASE!!!

Shoes, shoes, and more shoes... ohhh how I have missed them all.   Sorry, I'm not sure we will have room for visitors here since the second bedroom is now my shoe closet! 
Bill is an excellent Tea Maker in case anyone didn't know that! 


And I'm a Wine Queen!
Although we only have one safety vest to share between the 2 of us!
It's finally starting to feel like a home!  Just in time for me to go back to the USA in 20 days!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment