Thursday, August 1, 2013

I'M BACK... and MELTING!

Well, well, well, I'm back in China now and let me tell you it's HOT here.  Seriously HOT... and it doesn't cool down!  The other night when I landed in Shanghai it was 95 degrees Fahrenheit at 9 at night!  I got out of the car to go into our apartment and my glasses steamed up... at 10:30 at night!!!   Reiteration.... LATE AT NIGHT IT'S THAT HOT!  This place doesn't cool down at all.  The daytime temps the past 2 days have been 105 but feel like 115...  and it's HUMID.  This country is tropical and I'm not loving it one bit.  I have a feeling it's going to be a long month for me!

You're going to need to bear with me here because this Wisconsin-born cold blooded girl is going to take awhile to get used to this heat and humidity.  Actually, to be honest I don't think I'll ever get used to it, but at least give me 1 week to get used to the fact(and complain about) that I'm going to start sweating profusely and my skin is going to turn sticky the minute I leave my apartment.

Also, forewarning:  I'm not sure how many interesting posts I'm going to have in the next month because at the moment I don't foresee myself leaving the apartment these days for more than necessities!   Yesterday, I went to the gym at 7:30 in the morning, I'm pretty sure I lost 5 pounds just walking there...
Like I said... it's going to be a long month!

No comments:

Post a Comment